Sunday, March 30, 2014

In Loving Memory of Betty J. Smith

*~*~* In Loving Memory of Betty J. Smith *~*~*
 

This was one of my mother's favorite pics that she called our first three generations. My first daughter, me and my mother. Today Sunday 3/30/14, marks 10 years ago my mother died from heart disease after being a stroke survivor for 3 years. Less than a month later I learned that I was at risk of the same thing happening to me if I didn't lose weight, change my eating habits and start exercising. After making changes in my life I dropped OVER ((60)) lbs and I'm much HEALTHIER now. This afternoon I walked on the National Mall in downtown Washington, DC in the rain, sleet, hail and snow to kick off Spring with a WALK for my HEALTH! I wore my Go Red For Women - American Heart Association's Red T-Shirt. Call me (202) 423-9992 if you like to join me for my next walk. 



We miss you Mom, and we're sending you lots of LOVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment