Friday, May 17, 2013

American STROKE Month Continues...



Just checking to see if anyone out there has learned anything new about stroke? So many times we don't become involved or knowledgeable about a cause until it hits home. That's true for me as well. My mother had a heart attack and three weeks later had a stroke on the table while the doctors were checking the procedure from the heart attack, it wasn't enough for me to take interest in the cause just yet.


It wasn't until three years later and the month after my mother died from heart disease (serious of heart attacks) that my doctor told me I was at risk of the same thing... that I began to get involved with learning about stroke, heart disease and diabetes so that I could reduce my risk. Don't let it take the death of one of your love ones to learn the RISK!

No comments:

Post a Comment