Saturday, September 14, 2013

This Was One Unhappy DIVA Today!


This was me yesterday filled with excitement and anticipation about the inaugural Run Like A Diva race to be held in the DC/VA area. I had encouraged three of my friends and my daughter to participate in this race by telling how FABULOUS it would be because I had participated in their inaugural race in Long Island back in 2010 when Run Like A Diva had their first race ever.



We were all so excited that we even volunteered for the HEALTH and Fitness Boutique! We got up and got ready, had all our racing gear on got in the car and was off to have a FABULOUS time! Little did we know that we would experience the disappointment of my five year racing career. The most unorganized race I had ever seen, I was so embarrassed that I wished I hadn't suggested the race at all! To start traffic and parking was mass CHAOS, cars were double and triple parked blocking people in! The race was a hour and a half late, the road that led to parking was also used for the race so once you were finished you couldn't leave until the race was over. We needed to get out in a hurry to go back to check out of our hotel and it was just over all a very BAD event. Hopefully they will NOT use that location again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment