Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Big Day!


Every since 2010 when I saw the first picture of Ms. Ernestine Shepherd, who had just turned 74, I was instantly inspired by her. I read her story of how and why she and her sister got started exercising. When I learned  she was 56 when she started exercising I knew I needed to get down to business!




The more I read about her and saw her video interviews I knew I wanted to meet her. In July of 2012, I went to see her compete in Silver Spring, MD only to learn that the show had been cancelled do to bad weather. Well as fate would have it, I posted her picture on my facebook page and tagged her on it and she thanked me on my facebook page. Of course I asked about attending one of her classes and she said I could and as you can see pictured here, the rest is history!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! Maybe one day soon my wish of meeting her will come true also.

    ReplyDelete