Wednesday, February 6, 2013

African American History in the Making!


As I observe African American History Month I realized that I needed to acknowledge African American History in the Making. African Americans (especially women) have been know for having and dying from more preventable illnesses and diseases than any other group of people in the nation. Heart disease, diabetes and stroke just to name a few.



However, slowly but surly, with the inspiration of a few people like these two AMAZING women who are motivating others to take back their HEALTH! Your can find they stories on Google. Pay special attention that both of these dedicated women are OVER 50! Mrs. Ernestine Shepherd at the very top is over 75 years young and Mrs. Yolanda Holder, is 54. They both have certainly inspired me to change my way of thinking about my HEALTH. Make it fun, enjoyable and even break some World Records all while spreading the message of getting HEALTHY!

No comments:

Post a Comment