Sunday, February 24, 2013

Honoring Harriet Tubman 100 Years Later



African American History Month will be ending in a few days, but we continue to make history daily. Two weeks from today March 10, 2013 history will be made again and you don't want to miss out! Join me as I participate in  Healthy Black Women and Girls, GirlTrek's tribute to Harriet Tubman!

“When I found I had crossed that line, I looked at my hands to see if I was the same person. There was such a glory over everything.” - Harriet Tubman.

RESERVE YOUR SPOT IN HISTORY! On March 10th, at exactly 4:30 pm EST, thousands of Black women across the country have already registered to walk for 100 minutes in their communities to pay tribute to Harriet Tubman. She died 100 years ago,
 in 1913, and we will not let this centennial pass without a moving tribute. Register for free at www.girltrek.org. Please share this with as many people as you can. Healthy Black Women and Girls is giving away a FREE HOODIE to the woman who registers the most walkers each day. EVERY WOMAN COUNTS!


No comments:

Post a Comment