Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Feeling Like a Big Kid Again


When I first saw this statement I thought it was strange but then the more I thought about it, it made perfect sense to me! For those of us who became spouses and parents at a young age (18 - 23) we had to grow up really fast to take care of our adult responsibilities and didn't get the chance to have all the fun and adventures that most young adults have when the graduate and go off to college. Therefore, once I turned 50 and my children were all grown and off living their lives I decided it was my turn to do all the things I'd missed out on as a young adult.


This is how I celebrated my 50th birthday, I went rock wall climbing, trail running and I completed my first marathon 26.2 miles! I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would accomplish anything like that!


I've been asked why I waited so long to start doing these things and all I can say is inside I haven't grown up and there's still so many other things I want to do before I do grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment