Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Bio

Who Am I?  As I explained in the 'About Me' section, FAITH! stands 4 = Fully Achieving Independence Through Health/healing.  My mother was a stroke survivor. She suffered a massive stroke after complications resulting from a heart attack. After months of rehabilitation and physical therapy, she recovered well enough to live outside of a nursing home for almost 3 years before loosing the battle to more heart attacks that caused her death on March 30, 2004. The stroke had diminished her quality of life greatly. She was embarrassed about the way she spoke after spending months in speech therapy. Near the end, she would only go out of the house for doctor appointments because of the pain she experienced from trying to walk. It was very difficult to see her in that much pain.  

The foundation for these illnesses were; cigarette smoking (for over 40 years), high blood pressure, poor diet and the lack of physical activity.  Less than a month after losing my mother I learned that I was at risk of the same thing happening 2 me even though I didn't smoke or have high blood pressure.  I have some of the other risk factors & a family history of these illnesses.  With 5 children 2 care 4 at the time, I knew I had 2 reduce my risk 2 break this cycle.  Like so many others I didn't know where 2 begin or what 2 do so I made a number of unsuccessful attempts.  Then one day I saw an informecial 4 Power 90.

Since buying that first Beachbody DVD in 2005, I've lost (& kept off) over 60 lbs, correct my diet/eating habits, workout on a regular basis & share my FAITH! journey with anyone that will listen.  My "WHY" is 2 help others not experience what my mother experienced.  Right now her younger brother is on the waiting list 4 a kidney transplant that is a result of him having diabetes, that's my "WHY."

No comments:

Post a Comment