Monday, January 21, 2013

A Living Legacy

Happy Martin Luter King, Jr. Day 
&
President Obama's Inauguration Day


What a MARVELOUS Monday to have an inauguration on! On the day that we honor a great man who gave his life for our civil rights. I can only imagine what Dr. King and other deceased civil rights activist like him would be feeling if they were still alive to see the second swearing in of an African-American to the highest office in America.

I was remembering back four years ago today when I sat watching the inauguration on television as I held my four week old grandson, how amazing it is to be born when the first ever African-American man was elected president. But even more so, how fitting for the inauguration to fall on the day we honor Dr. King. I happen to see a couple of quotes of Dr. King's that I hadn't heard before and thought I'd share. Abundant Blessings!

"A man should do his job so well that the living, the dead, and the unborn could do it no better." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

"We must build dikes of courage to hold back the flood of fear." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear". -Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment