Sunday, January 27, 2013

Fabulously Fit 50 Women Who ROCK!


This group is for women "Baby Boomers or Empty Nesters" who have always taken care of everyone else except themselves. Now it's our time to ROCK! It's time to pamper ourselves, do some FUN things, giggle, let our hair down or just let it all out and cry if necessary...


When I was thinking about forming this group, the main thought that came to my mind was regaining myself as a woman and meeting other women around my age (50 something) that needed to do the same thing. By regaining myself I mean, when I was young I was always referred to as "this is Bobby/Betty's daughter or this is Bob's/Mae's granddaughter." As a young adult I became "...Gary's wife" and after our children started school for many, many years all I ever heard was "... this is Tarita, Jordan, Loren, Shelby and Nelson's mother" Now that I'm officially an 'Empty Nester' I've become "...Ivan, Idris and Mason's grammie." 



It's time to regain the woman in me and I want to have FUN doing it! Like one lady said "...knew eventually the day would come when all of the kids would be out the door! Lots of changes which are a bit scary! Like the idea of hearing how others are handling it!" I want to learn how other women are handling it or have handled that stage of life and have FUN while doing it! A lot of it is scary, like starting over or a second career, for some divorce or being alone with your spouse again after the children are gone, and don't those grand children ask the strangest questions or like I just started menopause and want to learn how others found JOY in getting through that, lol... If you live in the DC, MD, VA area feel free to join me: http://www.meetup.com/Fabulously-Fit-50-Women-Who-ROCK

No comments:

Post a Comment