Saturday, April 6, 2013

FAITH!

Fully Achieving Independence Though Health!


In November of 2008, I walked away from my corporate job and got on a plane to Orlando, FL to go to Racewalking camp. I was going to turn 50 in a few months and didn't have a clue about what I wanted to do. I kept hearing my mother say "We've come this far by faith" and "Sometime we have to step out on faith" so my faith journey began. I had already dropped over 40 lbs and had started doing 10k, 10 miler and half marathon races and was loving the experiences, but I had to stay focused on my faith journey to reach my goal. When I stepped off that plan I became FAITH!, meaning I was working on  Fully  Achieving Independence  Though  Health! I knew I had to use my testimony to help others but I wasn't sure how until July 2010, when I dropped another 19 lbs and women from the Facebook page Black Women "DO" Workout started emailing, messaging, and chatting with me. They all wanted to know how I did it and to congratulate me on reaching my goal of reducing my risk of heart disease, diabetes and stroke. The rest is history as they say.



Now almost three years later I've been blessed to 'Share' my life testimony and experiences to encourage others to work on achieving their HEALTH and Fitness goals. These Ladies represent just a few of the beautiful spirits that I have been blessed by and they keep me on my toes in our BEGINNERS Bootcamp. Each of them are on their own FAITH! journey as they reduce their risks of preventable illnesses, some medications and shed unwanted pounds. I am so thankful and continue to give God all the glory and praise for the opportunity to pay it forward in any way I can, and I hope they will too! Abundant Blessings from FITNESS Focused FAITH!

No comments:

Post a Comment