Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Fat After 50 You Really Need to Fear (and How to Get Rid of It)

Next year I will be 55 years young, lol... Growing up in a family with numerous HEALTH issues on my mother's and father's side has increased my awareness. So when I saw the article The Fat After 50 You Really Need to Fear (and How to Get Rid of It) I had to read it to make sure that I was not at risk. I had made it through November's Diabetes Awareness Month, February's American Heart Month and am gearing up for May's National Stroke Month, and now to see this.

After reading the article the good news was that I'm already on the right track. This paragraph made my day "The good news is it’s the easiest kind of fat men and women over 50 can lose. You simply need to eat better (and probably less), move your body more with regular exercise (walking is a great option), and lower your intake of saturated fats, especially those found in meat and even poultry, and it will go away. Think of it like a checking account –easy in and easy out. And, while strength-training exercises are essential for overall fitness and good health (especially bone health), there are other things you need to do to banish this kind of fat from your body: walking, running, playing tennis, biking and other activities that cause you to really move your body for at least 30 minutes or more will do the trick." Read it for yourself: Fat After 50 You Really Need to Fear (and How to Get Rid of It) 




This just confirmed for me that I need to continue to 'Share' what I've learned over the last couple of years to reduce my risk of heart disease, diabetes and stroke with those approaching 50 and older that will also be at risk of this FAT issue. The best way I know how to do this is to share it in my BEGINNERS Bootcamp II, that will start April 30, 2013. Again, I'll be reaching out to men and women who have never thought about attending bootcamp but want to get HEALTHY and Fit! If you or someone you know are ready to commit to this type of program call me (850) 702-4521 and get ready to change your HEALTH!

No comments:

Post a Comment