Thursday, April 18, 2013

HEALTHY Sistahood!


I have to give a Shout-Out to some absolutely FABULOUSLY Fit 50 Sistahs! God could not have blessed me anymore than to bring these beautiful women into my life! I'm always looking for people to workout, walk or do fitness things with and they are there. We started the week off by walking the Woodrow Wilson Bridge on Sunday afternoon and had so much fun, they're all such a joy to be with!!!

After the bombing that took place on Monday 4/15/13 at the Boston Marathon, Black Girls RUN! posted a call to action that read: "Starting Tuesday, April 16, 2013, Black Girls RUN! Nation is hosting the Black Girls RUN! for Boston Virtual 26.2. We encourage everyone to go run/walk 26.2 minutes OR 2.62 miles OR 26.2 miles over the next three days for #BGR4Boston, in support of those who lost their lives, trained and sacrificed for one of the most esteemed races in the world."

The bombing hit me really hard because after completing my second half marathon in 2008, I had decided that I wanted to train hard enough to qualify for the Boston Marathon when I turned 50. I've tried twice now and haven't given up hope yet, but next year I'll be 55 and I still haven't qualified to participate in the Boston Marathon yet. On Tuesday I was really feeling sad from all that had happened and I began feeling like I might start eating out of control so I called Trisha (the Sistah on the right with the jean jacket around her waist) and asked her if she wanted to go walking. We walked three and a half hours, then we did the same thing today for a little over 26.2 miles but we did remember them and I did a silent prayer for the families. I'm so happy that I had her through those hard times and I hope they all know that I'm there for them any time they need me too! Abundant Blessings from FITNESS Focused FAITH!

1 comment:

  1. Faith you are such a treasure!! Thank you for all you do, your encouragement and always being there!!

    ReplyDelete