Sunday, April 14, 2013

Promoting BIG!

Is Promoting Big, Beautiful Women Unhealthy?




First of all PLEASE watch this short 3:36 video: http://bit.ly/12Rrv2B on promoting being overweight. As a mother and grandmother who overcame being overweight this is alarming to me! Mainly because many of my family members are overweight and have preventable illnesses that are a direct results of being overweight. Actually one of my own daughters who is barely 5 feet tall, weighs over 210 lbs. At age 28, my daughter is not witnessing any of the major HEALTH problems that our family has dealt with in the past and I don't want to see her or anyone else for that matter, get comfortable in overweight skin! So this concept of Promoting BIG is not one that I support or agree with.

 Golda Poretsky, who is the founder of BodyLoveWellness.com, insinuates that she promotes eating HEALTHY and embraces being overweight. I'm no scholar but that sound like an oxymoron if I ever heard one!?!? Since I'm not an authority in this field, I can only speak of my own personal experience of 63 lb weight-loss when I say, if you are really eating HEALTHY (no sodas, chips, sweets, fried foods or foods high in saturated fats, etc.) you will lose weight by default, with or without a minimal amount of exercise. So there must be something I missed... so check it out and tell me what you think? Is this what we want to PROMOTE???  


No comments:

Post a Comment