Tuesday, March 19, 2013

35 Years Ago...

Thirty-five years ago I used to actually say the words "I Love My Body" and I meant them. Then came motherhood, nursing, menopause and life changes that I never expected! Before becoming a mother I used to sleep at least eight hours a night like a ROCK, now five children later I can barely sleep five hours a night.


Our bodies need rest, proper nutrition and exercise to function optimally. As I begin to age gracefully I realize that I haven't always shown my body the kind of love it needed and deserved. Now I'm working very hard to get back to loving my body the way I once did and this time doing a better job of taking care of it.


I've made the choice to eat clean, meaning eating more raw veggies and fruits and less white processed foods and meats. I'm exercising, drinking lots of water more consistently and giving my body the rest it needs. Through this process I'm developing a new found love for my body and I'm no longer afraid to walk past a full length mirror naked anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment