Saturday, March 9, 2013

#WEAREHARRIET!

#WEAREHARRIET!

Why #WEAREHARRIET! it is a social media message to thousands of people around the country that WE represent the spirit of Harriet Tubman and her tenacity to save as many people as possible by walking all night leading them to FREEDOM is still heartfelt around the country! March 10, 2013 we honor Harriet in a moving tribute 100 years after her death. WE also walk to save lives, our own and we do it with the same mindset that Harriet had to fuel her cause. Those of us that have this badge joined thousands of Black women and girls in GirlTrek's "We Are Harriet" 8-Week national walking challenge. This is the largest "moving Tribute" in the country to honor Harriet Tubman's life - exactly 100 years after her passing. We commit to walking 5 days per week, 30 minutes a day  for 8-weeks straight! www.girltrek.org

After losing my mother to heart attacks, the next month I learned that I was at risk of the same thing happening to me if I didn't change my HEALTH. The first thing I did was start walking, I didn't know what else to do but walk and pray. Each time I went walking I went a little farther and walked a little faster until I became happier, inspired and started praising God for everything and everyday!  March 30, 2013 marks the anniversary of the passing of my mother, so now my prayer is to be able to pay it forward and help others, one step at a time. Abundant Blessings from FITNESS Focused FAITH!


WE ARE HARRIET!


No comments:

Post a Comment