Sunday, March 3, 2013

I'm BACK!

Yesterday I picked up my Reston 10 miler race packet, then laid out everything for my COMEBACK this morning. It's been ((2)) years since my last race and I have been on edge for the last week. I know it may sound silly but a few days ago I learned that this is a RUNNING race and they are only allowing participants ((2)) hours and ((15)) minutes! So that meant I was going to have to RUN!!! Well I learned the year I turned 50 and completed my first marathon that my body doesn't like running, my body is a RaceWalking body. 




Wow, I don't believe it, I DID IT! It was HARD, all up hill and my body was rebelling all the way, I wanted to quit! I kept thinking what kind of example would that be for my grandson who kept asking about his race that's in a few months. Then I thought about my BEGINNER Bootcampers, SO I sucked it up and pushed on up those hills to mile ((10)) in less time than I thought!!! Here's my official race results: FAITH Bennett, Capitol Heights, MD, 780, 2:07:51 Praise God! Now it's time to get ready for the next race and I will NOT be running, it's back to RaceWalking for me. Thanks so much for all your kind words of encouragement and motivation along with your prayers. Now I'm BACK on the road again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment