Friday, March 29, 2013

March 30, 2004


For over three years now I've been sharing HEALTH and Fitness information that I have learned, read in articles, from other facebook pages or websites because I don't want to see anyone else go through the suffering that my mother experienced. March 30, 2004 marks the anniversary of my mother passing away while my oldest daughter and I held her begged her to let go because we couldn't stand to see her in that much pain. My mother's illnesses were PREVENTABLE, find out if you are at risk for any PREVENTABLE illnesses and make the necessary changes NOW... 


My mother was a stroke survivor. She suffered a massive stroke after complications resulting from a heart attack a few weeks before. After months of rehabilitation and physical therapy, she recovered well enough to live outside of a nursing home for a little over three years before loosing the battle to more heart attacks that caused her death. The stroke had diminished her quality of life greatly. She was embarrassed about the way she spoke after spending months in speech therapy. Near the end, she would only go out of the house for doctor appointments because of the pain she experienced from trying to walk. It was very difficult to see her in that much pain.
The foundation for these illnesses were, cigarette smoking (for over 40 years), high blood pressure, diet made up of a lot of saturated fats and the lack of exercise. Less than a month after losing my mother I learned that I was at risk of the same thing happening to me even though I didn't smoke or have high blood pressure. I had some of the other risk factors and a family history of these illnesses. With five children to care for at the time, I knew I had to reduce my risk and break this cycle. Like so many others I didn't know where to begin or what to do so I made a number of unsuccessful attempts. However, over the next couple of years I slowly made the changes needed to reduced my risks of heart disease, stroke and diabetes by over 50%. Now I'm on a mission to help everyone that wants to get HEALTHY and change their lives achieve their goals! If you need me please don't hesitate to call (850) 702-4521. 
******************************************************************************
Wish you were her Ma, we love and miss you dearly. Abundant Blessings and much LOVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment