Monday, March 25, 2013

MOTIVATIONAL Monday!

As I've shared many times I began the journey of getting HEALTHY as a result of losing my mother to preventable heart disease related illnesses nine years ago March 30. Losing my mother has fueled what has become my personal HEALTH/Fitness Ministry. I can't deny that it has been a long and hard battle to get and stay on track. When I start to get off my path and go in another direction, I look back at this picture of my mother and I when I was in my thirties before her heart attack and stroke. I remember my mother's battles with high blood pressure and many other preventable illnesses along with all the different medication she was on and I always get back on track!


By the summer of 2010, I reached a plateau in an attempt to achieve my weightloss goal. Then I learn of Mrs. Ernestine Shepherd, The Guinness World Record Oldest Female Body Builder, who didn't even start exercising until she was 56 and then didn't start body building until she was over 70! This was just the inspiration I needed to catapult my mission onward further than I had imagined and hopefully to encourage, MOTIVATE and inspire others!


No comments:

Post a Comment