Saturday, March 23, 2013

Lean In, Lean Back and the 2nd Women's Movement

Well I stuck to my word, I did a little more research and found out the the book Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead by Facebook's COO Sheryl Sandberg was released on March 11, 2013 and has already received (in my opinion) good, bad and ugly reviews depending on what side of the fence you sit. Susan Adams of Forbes wrote that Sandberg says women keep themselves from advancing because they don’t have the self-confidence and drive that men do. “We lower our own expectations of what we can achieve,” Sandberg writes. Believe it or not I agree with her on that point because I'm guilty of it myself.


Well from all I've learned about the Lean In movement in the last 48 hours, I have to admit that I'm intrigued enough to spend the approximate $14.99 to find the answers I'm interested knowing. I want to know if or how the Lean In movement pertains to women approaching 50 and older, that don't have a net worth of $500 million like Sheryl Sandberg!

No comments:

Post a Comment