Thursday, March 7, 2013

WE Are Harriet!

How fitting is it that people around the nation are speaking out on this event! Oscar-Award Winner Mo'Nique is walking with us to honor Harriet Tubman!!!!!!!!! Her message to us: "First, let me say congratulations for being courageous enough to take the stance to not only acknowledge a sister that changed history but for continuing on with the fight for us to free ourselves." She went on to say, "Robin Lee and I will be doing our parts by walking our 100 minutes on Sunday, March 10, 2013. I love you for real, Mo'Nique." The GirlTrek Movement is growing every day. One woman at a time. This is about healing! The We Are Harriet Walk is just the beginning! Sign up and share today: www.girltrek.org I've shared this message, won't you?






I've been invited to attend this very special TRIBUTE to an AMAZING woman in our history and I'd like to invite you to join me in participating in this historic event!

GirlTrek will honor Harriet Tubman with the largest moving tribute in the country - one hundred years after her passing. Thousands of African American women will walk 100 minutes in solidarity to pay respect and jumpstart healthier lives.


Founders, Vanessa Garrison and Morgan Dixon, will walk with 100 special guest - health advocates, civic leaders, cultural icons, and outstanding trekkers - on the National Mall. You are cordially invited to join me and the founders in this centennial walk.


Harriet Tubman Tribute Walk on March 10th

Sunday, March 10th at 4:00 PM
The National Mall in front of The Capitol
3rd Street NW, Washington, DC

Attire: comfortable fitness attire, sneakers. Contact me (850) 702-4521, if you are going to attend and...**GirlTrek will provide a "super-hero blue" t-shirt**

No comments:

Post a Comment